Monday, August 10, 2015

All things are Possible!

August 10,2015
Oi!
Well surprise this week!! (HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!) FELIZ ANIVERSARIO MÃE! quase, (almost) haha :) 
In district meeting we were talking about things others should work on; everyone told me to work on having confidence in myself.. haha that I would trust others more after I learned to trust myself. Then they said that I had a great potential to be a great leader but first I needed to work on my confidence haha which is true. So I am not afraid to admit that is a pretty big weakness of mine. I have had it for a while haha so I will start to work on making it a strength!  Wish me luck! If you would like to pray for my progress I would appreciate that! haha :) 
Wow only 24 hours! Those smarties! Congratulations Ty & Lacy!
Well this month I will do 9 months since entering the MTC the second time and next month I will do 9 months in Brazil haha so I took the classic photo of nine months :) yeah I am awesome haha ;) I think in a lot of years I will make a cute pregnant lady haha :)

(9 months marks the halfway point of the mission) 
I have been working on teaching S. Borges English haha it is funny when I don’t remember words or how to form a sentence or to a say a sentence in the form of Portuguese. The good life.. haha
This week we found Shirley! She is 17, we found her in the church! haha we were wondering what to do and we said to the other, Sister Borges and I; let’s just pass by and see what is going down at the church. She was sitting with a member called Néfi, which is Nephi in Portuguese, and Sister Borges started to talk to another person and I saw Shirley, keeping S. Borges in my sight I started to talk to her after helping her feel a little more comfortable I found out she wasn’t a member, but had lots of questions. The first was why we called God- Heavenly Father. Oh easy haha so I told her why. Then she asked why we stayed in the church and didn’t leave to a different one so I called S. Borges over and together we taught about Joseph Smith and a little of the restoration and about prayer to receive an answer and marked a time to return and talk with her. Then we talked with her in her house Saturday it was really good! I taught her in the way of an analogy. Which I realize now I make a lot of analogies haha Sister Borges made that obvious to me this week haha it is funny but I will share the analogy.
So she has a little brother who had brought out toys and while we were talking I picked up a toy tractor and said this is us imagine the tractor with only one wheel, it couldn’t go very far could it? Because Heavenly Father loves us he has provided a way for us to receive the other three wheels. You see the first wheel is our desire, our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, but even that alone is not enough for that little tractor to move. So God gave us three things that would make it possible for us to "reach" our potential and eventually return to him. One wheel is baptism, the second wheel is the gift of the Holy Ghost and the third wheel is the Sacrament. All three are necessary with our faith to move us forward. If we lack in one area we can’t move. For example, if we aren’t taking the sacrament after being baptized and receiving the Holy Ghost, we would be missing a wheel and couldn’t get very far. Those who aren’t baptized by the power of the Priesthood are only left with one wheel, faith or desire to change. It is necessary for all three wheels with our faith. Faith alone can’t make us move, but when we are baptized, receive the gift of the holy ghost and partake of the sacrament every week we are literally moving by the power of God. He has given us tools to move forward in this life, and if we don’t use them we are cut off from the Powers of Heaven. But with them literally the doors of heaven are open to help us with our life, help us change and become more like our Savior, and help us move down the road to eventually make it back to our Heavenly Home with our Heavenly Father. 
I know that this analogy is a little silly but I want you guys to know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us! He has given us covenants to open the windows of heaven that blessings and strength can literally rain down upon us! And first of all He has given us Agency to Choose! He loves us more than we know!
 I know that is only through Baptism of water and of fire that we can return to the Kingdom of Heaven, John 5:3-5 “In these lay a great multitude of important folks, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had. And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.”
Through this we each have the best of friend to walk the length with us, The Holy Ghost! He is literally the open door to our Father in Heaven! He speaks to our hearts and minds the things of the Father! Through partaking of the sacrament we are committing this next week to be better, and asking for the power of God to help us with our changes!
All things are Possible! If we but 1- Ask the Father in the name of Jesus Christ, 2- believe that we will receive 3- having real intent that you will act on the response that you receive. Literally like the classic example of Moses, he was literally between a rock and a hard place haha he, and his people, were between the people of Egypt who wanted to kill them, and the Red Sea. I know without doubt that whatever response that Heavenly Father gave Moses he would do it. That is why God gave him the answer to walk on dry ground.
So like in D&C 8:1-5 “Verily, verily, I say unto you, that assuredly as the Lord Liveth, who is your God and your Redeemer, even so surely shall you receive a knowledge of whatsoever things you shall ask in faith, with an honest heart, believing that you shall receive a knowledge…. Yea, behold I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart. Now, behold, this is the spirit of revelation; behold, this is the spirit by which Moses brought the children of Israel through the Red Sea on dry ground. Therefore this is thy gift; apply it, and blessed art thou, for it shall deliver you out of the hands of your enemies, when, if it were not so, they would slay you and bring your soul to destruction. Oh, remember these words, and keep my commandments. Remember, this is your gift.”
We need to have the intent of doing whatever we can to full fill the answer that we receive! More than anything in the world Heavenly Father wants each one of us to know the power of heaven is accessible! We can receive heavenly help! I know it is true! I love you!
Love,
Sister Post
photos.

 the wooden walkways are going away and we can walk of the road again! yay haha with my companion.

A family i just love to death! This is after eating lunch with then on Sunday.


Photo of the neighbor on Bewitched (Agnes)! She is a sister of a member and I practically begged her to take a photo with me so that I could show you and mom! haha she is cool but looks just like the lady off of Bewitched! haha good times :)

No comments:

Post a Comment